Profile image for Sean4u

I'm surprised to see no discussion after the recent Tavistock - Bere Alston railway project exhibitions. I couldn't get to any of them. Did you go?

I'd like to see the bridge deck over Callington Road reinstated so that there's a safe walking route between residences NW of the Callington Road and the school / college via Monksmead.

I occasionally consider cycling to Gunnislake to start one of my long train journeys, but the A390 is a forbidding ride. Is there any chance of putting in a high-quality walking / cycling / horse track down to Bere Alston? It's only 8km (5 ancient miles). If it was flat and smooth it would be an attractive ride. That would give us a similar advantage (access to the rail network) at far lower cost.

Even if we had a leisure trail type of surface such as the one on Drake's Trail, linking it to Quant Park would make some very nice round walking / leisure cycling route around Tavistock on which visitors could work up an appetite / thirst. That kind of surface is less ideal for commuting.

Devon CC hosts some material from the exhibitions here:

http://tinyurl.com/a9rwmcr

By Sean4u at 08:00 on 01/02/13

Re-post           

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent