Profile image for Sean4u

I'm surprised to see no discussion after the recent Tavistock - Bere Alston railway project exhibitions. I couldn't get to any of them. Did you go?

I'd like to see the bridge deck over Callington Road reinstated so that there's a safe walking route between residences NW of the Callington Road and the school / college via Monksmead.

I occasionally consider cycling to Gunnislake to start one of my long train journeys, but the A390 is a forbidding ride. Is there any chance of putting in a high-quality walking / cycling / horse track down to Bere Alston? It's only 8km (5 ancient miles). If it was flat and smooth it would be an attractive ride. That would give us a similar advantage (access to the rail network) at far lower cost.

Even if we had a leisure trail type of surface such as the one on Drake's Trail, linking it to Quant Park would make some very nice round walking / leisure cycling route around Tavistock on which visitors could work up an appetite / thirst. That kind of surface is less ideal for commuting.

Devon CC hosts some material from the exhibitions here:

http://tinyurl.com/a9rwmcr

By Sean4u at 08:00 on 01/02/13

Re-post           

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent